This is our effort to collate as many useful resources from Echo members and online to support us all through this tumultuous time.
We’ll do our best to update this daily so you’re able to find the most up to date information when you need it. If you happen to come across something you think we should feature please email stuart[at]economyofhours.com.
Below you’ll find support for employees, employers, freelancers and small businesses but also plenty of other topics to look after your wellbeing, lift your spirits and keep you smiling.
Last updated: 1st April 2020
Support from Echo
• Sign up for dedicated weekly email newsletters with the latest guidance, support and opportunities here
• Join our dedicated Facebook group for small businesses, freelancers and self-employed people in the Echo network here
• Find 1:1 skills, services and support on the Echo marketplace
• To show their gratitude to the incredible NHS staff who are keeping the country going at the moment Echo member and vegan cafe Mother are giving them 15% off click + collect and deliveries via our website. They can use NHS15 at the checkout.
• Crowdfunding campaign to ensure NHS workers receive vital equipment to protect them. Health workers are the most vulnerable to COVID 19 yet they continually risk their lives in order to save ours and yours. Please give generously.
• Echo member Russell Philip Peek is getting creative by making DIY protective face masks for the public so supplies for NHS staff don’t run out. The video will put a smile on your face : )
• Make a secure donation to help buy meals for the NHS staff fighting COVID-19. After 18-hour shifts trying to save our lives from COVID-19, NHS Hospital Staff are faced with canteens that shut at 5pm.
Practical, legal and financial advice
• The new Self-Employed Income Support Scheme will support those adversely affected by coronavirus, click here for details.
• The latest government information on support available for small businesses can be found here
• Our friends at East End Trades Guild are doing an amazing job coordinating support for East London businesses. Read their Manifesto for Resilience here
• London Growth Hub has collated loads of useful info and guidance for small businesses on responding to Covid-19 here
• There is information here on how small businesses can apply for a Coronavirus Interruption Loan
• There’s a specific HMRC helpline for businesses concerned about paying taxes at the moment
• You can find government advice for renters who are facing a loss of income here
• The Mayor of London has launched a £1million fund for community and voluntary organisations – find out more here
• Arts Council England have launched a new £160m emergency fund for arts and cultural organisations and artists – details here
Tips for working from home
• Echo member Jes Bailey has put together this guest blog for us with top tips for delivering engaging workshop / webinars online via Zoom. (We’ll be offering more training and support for people who want to deliver webinars soon)
• The team at Loneliness Lab have created a fun guide to home working, to look after yourselves and your colleagues. They have also created this fantastic postcard for anyone to reach out and support their neighbours. You can download it here.
• Podcast on Flexible Working from Cancer Research UK discussing the positive impact on physical and mental health, as well as sharing advice for managing remote-based teams.
• Some companies on work remotely, Trello is one of them and has created this great guide to help others learn ‘How to Embrace Remote Work‘ from the world’s leading companies for remote work.
• Digital learning experts and Echo member Learn Jam have been sharing their tips for remote working with teams and clients on Instagram.
Other sources of support
• Crowdfunder have removed all fees for setting up campaigns on their platform
• Charlie HR have put together some v useful guidance for anyone who employs others who needs to understand sick pay obligations and how to manage and support your team during this time.
• Tutti have created a fantastic resource with ideas for freelancers who need to diversify their work and find new sources of income
• Echo members Enrol Yourself have created this fantastic guide which supports people to support each other to set goals, stay accountable, and get shit done.
•If you are a food retailer with urgent surplus food, please contact Olio and they will pick it up and get it to vulnerable people who would benefit.
Keeping it local
• Love your local restaurants, they are struggling right now. Many are offering deliveries but you can also make sure they’re open when this is all over by buying gift vouchers for a future date at Help Your Hood.
Support for voluntary sector organisations
• The Mayor has announced a £1million emergency fund to help community and voluntary organisations
• Reason Digital have shared tips, tools and tactics that charities can use tech to keep going during coronavirus restrictions and have made The Digital Fundraising Book free of charge during this time.
• Non-profit organisations of any size are eligible to receive 3 months of Slack’s Standard or Plus subscription free of charge.
Lift your spirits & make to smile
• Echo member Francesca is offering free online mindfulness meditation for relaxation sessions to manage stress & anxiety
• Calm – #1 app for Sleep, Meditation and Relaxation, with over 50 million downloads is offering free access to its library
• Second Home have created Second Homeworking a free online programme designed to help you be creative, healthy and sane away from the office.
• Hackney Herbal has been posting daily tutorials on growing herbs to lift your spirits from microgreens to herbs in pots.
• Hiut denim has started their ‘Blog Roll’ with a touching letter from a teacher in China, after 7 weeks in lockdown. We hope it will be of help to you at this challenging time.
• Good friends and Echo member, Five Points Brewery are a small independent Hackney brewery serving up a delicious range of beers to help you unwind in moderation. They now do home delivery + 20% off with code HERES20 + free shipping for orders over £50 until the end of March.
Family fun & stuff for kids
• Join Joe Wicks every day for a home workout aimed at kids to keep them moving and staying healthy and positive. Great fun for all ages, 9am LIVE on YouTube Mon – Fri.
• The BEST Playdough Recipe to keep those little hand and minds happy as you (try) to juggle childcare and working from home.
• Amazon has cancelled the subscription fees of books and audio stories for children and students of all ages as long as schools are closed. All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
• Fill your windows with Rainbows with the help of your little ones. Storms don’t last forever! Love this.